Sunday Dinner and Movie

I love Sunday Dinner and a Movie on fall afternoons.
Even though yesterday felt more like June,
I had fun making dinner.
A new recipe in my head,
all ingredients in the pantry,
and
an afternoon to enjoy the process.
I made
St Emilion Pork Chops
(in the Crock Pot)

INGREDIENTS
1-2 tablespoons olive oil
1 Tablespoon of butter
5-6 oz Shiitake Mushrooms sliced
1 med onion sliced into thin rings
1 clove of garlic minced
1 can mushroom soup
1 envelope Lipton onion soup mix
1/2 cup of St Emilion wine (or a red wine you love)
( I always cook with the same wine that I will drink at dinner)
4-6 pork chops (your favorite cut)

METHOD
*spray crock pot with Pam*
Heat oil in saute pan on med heat.
Brown Pork chops lightly.
Put pork chops in crock pot.
In saute pan add 1T of butter to the oil,
garlic, onion & mushrooms.
Saute till onions are transparent.
In mixing bowl, add soups and wine.
Combine well.
When onions ate transparent, add everything from the saute pan
into the soup/wine mixture.
Blend well.
spoon over pork chops in crock pot.
Cook on low for 4-5 hours.
Serve with mashed potatoes and veggies.
****
We enjoyed dinner....and the movie was
Lauren hijacked my Netflix que a few weeks ago,
this movie was her pick.
We liked it. It was quirky and colorful.
It was perfect for yesterday.
Larry is out of town this week
and
I have a zillion things to do before he returns home.
My biggest project is,
cleaning my work table and area in the studio.
To be honest,
I am frightened that a mouse will hop out
at me while I am cleaning.
Merde.
***
Thank you for listening,
let me know if you try the recipe,
Love you!
Me.

No comments: