Almost Thanksgiving

Thankfulness comes in many ways.
A few weeks ago, My Larry and I were out with friends.
When the husband discovered that we celebrated
THANKSGIVING in July,
he seemed confused and then incensed.
What! He semi-shouted.
I looked him right in the eye, and said,
I am thankful every day of my life.
One day in November does not define my thankfulness.
Today I will be preparing a turkey dinner with all the trimmings.
{I broke an entire loaf of bread by hand for the dressing}
Early tomorrow morning,
 The meal will be delivered to Lauren, Josh & Mattie.
A new baby.
Lots of wonderful company.
Nights of little sleep.
Baby smiles.
Dozens of dirty diapers and bottles to fill.
Mattie stretches when she sleeps and makes a squeeky noise.
Our family is blessed in many ways.
Tomorrow seems like the perfect day to say,
I am thankful for Our Family!
***
Now,
don't get me started on one of my favorite sayings.
"Breaking Bread"
I am thankful for you reading my words.
Thank you for being you!
Love you.
Me

No comments: