A Promise Is A Promise


...yes, yes, I know. I posed this photo a few weeks ago. When I posted it I promised to share the recipe for the wonderful salad I paired with the sloppy Joes. Here goes!
  ORANGE SALAD

Ingredients
8 ounces baby spinach, about 6 cups
1 cup Mandarin oranges, drained
1/2 cup chopped red onions
1 Tablespoon orange marmalade
2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
1/3 cup Extra virgin olive oil
Salt & Pepper

Directions
Arrange spinach leaves on large platter (I use my salad bowl)
Top with Mandarin oranges and red onion.
Whisk together marmalade and vinegar.
Stream oil into dressing while continuing to whisk

When ready to serve, pour the dressing over salad
and season with salt and pepper

***
It is early, 6:40 am
I am dressed and ready to drive to Austin
to make a delivery.
The morning is overcast, and the grass has huge droplets
hanging from each blade.
Early mornings always amaze me...
a brand new day, new adventures,
new moments to share and love....
Be back tonight.
Love you beyond the GPS.
Me
PS! Thank you to Cathy, who reminded me to post the recipe.
Enjoy!

No comments: