Patience Makes the Heart Grow Fonder

When I came home from France in December, this particular violet was not blooming. It had become dormant while all others were blooming. I watered it, fed it, taking note of leaf color, it seemed healthy. Just resting. Until today! Another lesson in patience.
I woke at 3 am today and heard Larry's sleep breathing, felt the heavy weight of his arm across me. If his arm had not been there I might have just floated up into the stars with worry thoughts. My cousin is being operated on today. I whispered a prayer. Larry has a difficult meeting this morning. He is at the meeting now. The weather has been so awful, I have not been walking....laying in bed, my body begging for a nice hike. I shifted. I sighed. Then Larry said, "Spoon me"...I always fall asleep then.
Larry is at his meeting. I am dressed for a short hike. Patience makes the heart grow fonder. Wait! That is absence makes the heart grow fonder! Same difference. Love you. Me

No comments: