Remembering Kristina Baack

Years ago, as I was teaching the first night of a quilting class, one of my new students approached me. She told me that she and her daughter had been going through a rough time. Her husband had just passed away. Would it be ok if her daughter, Kristina came to class with her in the future? Of course!
The next week, Miss Kristina came to class with her Mother. She was about 11 or 12 at the time(the same age as my oldest daughter, Lauren), a delight in class and making friends as she stitched with her Mother through the 8 weeks of class.
It was the beginning of a long friendship. Susan, Kristina's Mother, is an amazing woman. Strong and faithful, we found a common bond in quilting and attended many Plano Quilters Guild meetings together. Kristina would often come to the meetings, and chatter to me about her days in school, and whatever project she had in process at the time. Kristina was always such a sweetheart. Honest, charming, and always made me smile.
Late last evening, a mutual friend called me. With distressing news. Kristina had lost her battle with an illness that she had been battling.
This morning, as the snow is falling in Texas, my mind is remembering so many things about Kristina. Happy, wonderful, sweet things. It was an honor to have known her.
Kristina, leaves a son, Dakota, and many people whom she touched in her kind way.
Kris, Larry and I whispered prayers for you, and Dakota. Know that you are loved, as you loved.
Saturday, many old friends will unite to remember and say good bye. I cannot wait for the hugs, I need one right now.......
Love you Kristina.
Miss Robin

4 comments:

Kathy said...

(((HUGS))) and Prayers for you Robin.

Teagirl said...

Robin, you write the most beautiful words. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Kristina's family. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Robin, what a wonderful letter about Kris. I was thinking all day of her Girl Scout Gold project where she made all the quilts for babies.

Carol

Pastelred said...

Kathy((()))
Lara, Love you.
Carol, My day has been filled with memories. I will see you on Saturday. If anyone needs anything, call me. Hugs.