Healing Habits

I have a habit of spending time in
the kitchen when I am sad.
Banana cream pie is my favorite pie.
(As Bananas Foster is my favorite dessert)
It took me many years to perfect this recipe....
yes, it is my very own.
Smile when you make it.
A BANANA CREAM PIE 1 baked 9" pie crust (cooled) 3 ripe bananas, sliced over cooked pie crust PUDDING MIXTURE ½ cup sugar ¼ teaspoon salt 3 tablespoons salt ½ cup cold milk 2 cups scalding milk 4 egg yolks (save whites for meringue) 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla *Mix sugar, salt and cornstarch together. Add cold milk and blend. Add scalding milk gradually and cook, stirring constantly until mixture thickens. Beat yolks till light. Pour small amount of hot mixture over them, stirring rapidly. Add egg mixture slowly to pudding. Cook for four minuets longer. Pour over bananas in cooked shell. Let cool while you make Meringue MERINGUE! Preheat oven to broil Egg whites- room temperature ½ cup sugar ½ teaspoon vanilla *Beat eggs till frothy. Add sugar gradually and continue beating till stiff. Add flavoring. Pile on pudding mixture, spreading gently, with a soft design, taking note to spread to edges. Broil for 12 to minutes till lightly golden.
After cool, put in fridge to set. *** I use a pre-made pie crust to make this pie easy. After about 10 years of trying different banana cream pie recipes, I took a basic recipe and tweaked it about 10 ways to achieve this perfect pie. “Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana” ~Groucho Marx~ **** Dear Larry, Thank you for the Valentine Violet. It is planted in its new green pot. I love it. And, I love you. Me

No comments: