Crystals, Beads and Hugs

“Sentiment is intellectualized emotion; emotion precipitated, as it were, in pretty crystals by the fancy”
~James Russell Lowell~
***
Today I shall make CRYSTAL HUGS.
A crystal hug starts with an antique crystal
from France at the bottom.
After whatever crystal I choose for the focal point,
I work upward, on heavy gage fishing line.
Using beads and decorating the hug as I go.
(ending with a nice loop, so the HUG can be hung,
at a window, reminding the recipient of the giver)
Making a hug for a particular person is a joy.
Personality and spirit come into play.
But
when I am just building up inventory,
the designs are by whim.
My whim!
I have been buying beads by the boatload.
There is something simply fun about beads.
The color.
The shape.
The feel.
I send you a hug.
A blog hug.
A bit unlike a crystal hug,
but the meaning is still the same.
Love you.
Me

No comments: