Each summer Larry takes me far away, to a cottage by the sea. We hike, swim, watch sea turtles and drink wine, oh yes, and rest.
This year, upon returning home, I had one week to reorganize before packing for a weekend away. I was going to Philadelphia to visit my Uncle and meet my book-group!
The weekend was approaching and I got the suitcases out....ready to pack for another fun weekend away.
I always pack the day before a trip and then leave my suitcase on the floor open to add odds and ends as I think of them.
My suitcase was packed. We were up early to catch the flight. I put my suitcase on the bed to put in toothpaste and zip the huge zipper that runs completely around the luggage.
That is when I saw him. Beady eyes looking at me, we startled each other! Then he moved to the depths of my luggage . Yes, under all of my packed and clean clothes. I have to admit that as I unpacked, I was angry..... but once the case was empty, and Larry next to me, assisting in catching the little green guy, it all made me smile.
The little green guy was as frightened as I was, as he looked at us from the bottom of my suitcase. He had been there for a week, and did not hesitate to go into Larry's hand. Larry took him into the garden and let him go.
Aloha, little green guy. You came all the way from Kauai to Texas....perhaps I should say Howdy!
Love you,
Me

No comments:
Post a Comment