Autumn is 9 days away.
September 22 to be exact.
My heart and soul feel like it is fall already.
Why did it happen so early this year?
My new classes are starting,
we have had 3 inches of rain this weekend,
and this is the tell tale symptom of all,
I want to stay in bed for hours and read.
What are your signs that fall is here?
Candy corn?
A strong connection to certain halloween costumes?
The trees slowly drop their summer clothes?
Your inner self needing to bake pumpkin bread?
Squirrels running across the garden with cheeks filled with pecans?
Can you hear me sigh?
Autumn!
Love you,
Me

2 comments:
I do love the colours of as well as the cool mornings and warm afternoon. I could, however, do without what comes next. Cold, rain, ice, snow......Winter is not my favorite season. :-)
Ninon, Fall is my favorite also. I suspect that the autumn in KY is much nicer than in Texas.
Post a Comment