Our Brunch Favorite

Yesterday at brunch, we enjoyed to much food...but here is one of our favorites. Mini soft pretzles. The recipe comes from an old Pillsbury Cookbook. (Crescents, Biscuits and More)
~~~
MINI SOFT PRETZLES
1 (11 oz) can Pillsbury refrigerated breadsticks
1 egg beaten
Coarse salt
~~~
Heat oven to 375 degrees
Unroll dough
Separate into 12 breadsticks
Cut each in half, lengthwise
Roll lightly to form a 10-inch long rope
Shape into 24 pretzels ( see below)
Place one inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet
Brush with egg
Sprinkle with salt Bake at 375 for 132 to 15 minutes
or till golden brown.
Serve warm with a warm cheese sauce.
(if you have a great cheese dipping sauce,
might you share it?)
*****
Finally! It is raining.
October in Texas, is usually damp, dark and cozy.
A southern state preparing for winter.
Rain is leaving streaks on my window.
A half drunk cup of tea is on my desk.
My work desk is cluttered with three paintings
and a costume to cut out and sew.
Amazon is shipping me a new purse.
I love preparing for Holiday.
All I have left to do is
decide what book I shall take.
Hours on a plane....and long nights with jet lag...
A good book is always welcomed.
***
Workmen are due any moment.
They will finish the threshold at the new patio door.
Happy Monday.
Love you.
Me

No comments: