It Is a New Sewing Machine/ Raisin Bread Kind Of Day

My current sewing machine was given to me for Mothers day, 1985. It has been used for so many projects, I cannot list them all. This dear part of my life is dying. I have put off this day as long as I could, but today is the day. I am dressed and ready to investigate the wonderful world of computerized sewing machines. Wish me luck.....I feel as I am replacing a good friend.....
.....so, if you know me well, you know that I had to "bake" something to think things through. Here is the thoughtful recipe for the day.
~~~~~
Apple Sauce Raisin Bread
1 cup applesauce
1 egg
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon each, salt, baking soda, cinnamon & nutmeg
1 cup of raisins ( i soak them to rehydrate them)
3/4 cup chopped nuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl mix applesauce and egg. Mix in butter and sugars then set aside. In another bowl, combine remaining ingredients, except raisins, and nuts. Add flour mixture to applesauce mixture. Mix JUST to until blended. Fold in raisins and nuts. Turn into greased 9 X 5 loaf pan. Bake about one hour until pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Remove to rack to cool.
The house smells wonderful. The bread is finished and cooling. I am off to sewing machine land....if I do not post here for a few days, call 911. I will be lost on a new planet. The planet of stitch functions, automatic buttonhole makers, LCD screens ( when did they put LCD screens on a sewing machine??) Merde, this is upsetting me. Perhaps I should go now before I start baking again. Love you lots... Me.

No comments: