Oct 4, 2026

The Geriatric List

I was tired yesterday.
Not the regular tired,
but the senior type of tired.
Tired of how people treat me tired.
Being older is not fun, and
sometimes I feel like a walking target
for the foolishness.
Sometimes I wonder if my 
grandmothers (or elderly friends)
 felt like this?
There is an entire list of rules
for people my age.
They include ...

Go ahead and "fact check" me. I'm old.

At the store,
race me to to an open check out line,
even though I am in front of you.

Be rude to us,(Larry and me) but 
hold us accountable for 
using a wrong word.

Discount a comment I said,
as if I did not say it at all. 
This is called the invisible factor.

 Never ask my opinion 
or to be part of the conversation 
I am old, and my opinion
 is out of date anyway.

I am so blessed to have Larry.
He loves me and listens to me.

It is Sunday in Texas and 
we are going to the movies.
( I just read this post to Larry and 
he said, well, that's our list!)

Take care.
Love you beyond the moon.
Me

No comments: