Sep 24, 2026

The Dried Roses

Photo: The Roses

 Last week I came across a large 
zip-loc bag in a desk drawer.
It was filled with dried roses and baby's breath
from the family arrangement that was
 at my Mother's funeral.
Mother died on August 13th, 1995.

(Norman, my father, bought the flowers
 and brought them to The Cottage in 1995. 
He asked me to make the family 
arrangement for Mother's service. 
I was so happy to do it)

When I found the flowers, last week,
I took this photo and threw 
the dried flowers away.
It was sad to throw them away,
 but it was OK. I am OK.
Life has an uncanny way of moving on 
and you have no choice 
but to hang on and go along with it.
Life isn't exactly as I imagined 
it would be at my age.
I think that it might be better.

Life is truly wonderful....
Love you beyond the moon.
Me


No comments: