Today I am grateful for bright red cloches.

In June, Larry gave me a red cloche on my birthday. 

(the cloche was made in France!)

It was steamy hot in Texas then 

and I have waited patiently 

for the weather to break before 

I made my first loaf of bread.

I think that it is about time to bake, don't you?


I have been gathering information on baking in a cloche and made a reference book (in the purple folder) to use till I get the routine down to memory. 

Homemade bread is one of those things that make your heart happy when you are feeling down.

I believe that James Beard said it best....


This is ultimately how I feel and cannot wait to use my birthday gift. I will share my adventure and recipe soon.

****

Update of my daughter Jamison: She is recovering at home from the hospital today. Her Drs and nurses were amazing. To be honest, I am still a bit shaken up by her illness. 

There is honestly nothing worse than seeing your child ill and in the hospital. We are blessed by her lovely spirit and joyful attitude but to see her so sick, was heartbreaking. 

I wish her speedy recovery and much love.

Love you beyond the moon.

me


No comments: