Today I am grateful for Paul & Beth

 

Photo: from the left: Jamison, Lauren, Robin, Beth and Paul

Happy moments are always a gift in the remembering.

The photo above was taken in Paris years ago. I was with my sweet daughters, and good friends, Beth & Paul. (Beth and Paul lived in the UK and would come over to hang out with us when we were in France)

I learned that Paul suffered cardiac arrest last week. He and Beth have been in our thoughts and prayers this week, and on Saturday, we learned that Paul had died peacefully.

Yesterday, Jami and I were talking, remembering Paul. He always told my daughters "Dad" jokes. They would roll their eyes and laugh out loud in spite of themselves. Paul had the best sense of humor. I will always remember that about him...and how Beth loved him.

Photo: Beth & Paul

They would meet us in Paris where we would shop and eat the best food in the world. Beth is the super shopper out of all of us and we always had a wonderful time together.

I feel overwhelmingly sad about Paul's death. Beth is an amazing person and she will continue to be in our hearts during this time.

Today, while you are managing your life...would you think a good thought for our dear friends?

Beth, when you read this, please know that I wish that I could hug you. I wish that we could sit down with a glass of wine and you could tell me  stories about Paul. Until that is possible, I send love.

Love you beyond the moon.

Robin

No comments: