Today I am grateful for my Mother's spirit.

photo: Mothers headstone
            Today is my mother's birthday. She would be 99 years old.

Remembering Mother is always a challenge because I miss her every day. She died 29 years ago at the age of 70 years and one week.
 
Mother was an amazing person. She had such spirit, even on the day that she died. That morning, we stopped by to see her after church and she was joking with me about the movie character ET.
I can never watch that movie now, 
without thinking of my Mother and smiling.
Photo: Jamison, Mother and Lauren

After Mothers death, our family fell apart.
I think that happens to many families, and it sucks.
BUT, sometimes leaving the toxic behind is for the best, and move on remembering the good times.

Mother loved baking. She loved making a Texas Sheet Cake and Cherry squares. We all know where the recipe for Texas Sheet cake came from, but the cherry squares I have no clue. She found the recipe somewhere and made it her own.
Photo: Mothers Cherry Square recipe card

She shared the recipe with me because I loved them so. 
They are little pound cakes with cherry pie filling in the center. 
They are EXCELLENT!
Photo: Mother' Cherry Dream Squares
Today is my Mother's day.
May her spirit rest well and may her memory always be a blessing.

Dear Mom.
Happy Birthday. On Sunday, Larry and I toasted you at Sunday dinner and smiled as we remembered the joyful moments that you left with us.
You are missed tremendously and loved beyond the moon.
I am always, Robin.

 

No comments: