Today I am grateful for consistency.



Yesterday, for Sunday dinner and a movie, we watched the movie, "Same Time Next Year" with Alan Alda
The movie is a favorite of ours, because Larry and I do a few things
"The Same Time Next Year" too.
One being, spending two weeks in France.
This year will be about the 24th year, that we have traveled to Paris.

Photo: Found photograph, Robin, Paris 2018

 I love to travel and there are only two places that I love enough to return year after year. 
One of them being Paris.
Each year, Larry and I take time to do certain things while we are in France. They are not fancy things, but the important thing is that we make the time.
Knowing that each year, that we will go back to a favorite city and visit friends and family (and just get away) is often the best distraction that gets us through some difficult times at home.

Even at home, Larry and I often do certain things on schedule.
Anniversaries of sorts.

Have you ever thought that these yearly "doings" are the most wonderful distractions for bad times?

I recently let go of a yearly anniversary. (much to Larry's dismay)
I have stopped acknowledging breast cancer milestones.
(diagnoses, surgery, remission, treatments starting, treatments ending) 
I stopped because after doing it the first time, and then having to do it again, seemed to ruin the celebration. 
Besides, I am still angry about bc#2.

I only celebrate things that make me happy and feel strong.
What do you celebrate? Or what is something you will do, "Same Time Next Year"?
Love you beyond the moon.
Me

No comments: