A New Door Mat

Yesterday was glorious. The sun was shining and the morning started out warm. I had the sensation of it being a holiday even though it was a plain old Monday
My injured leg is feeling much better and I have been doing more and more walking, bending and just getting around  in a normal way. A three mile walk should be coming up soon.  The leg and foot still get swollen, so I ice and elevate. Feeling like it is healing makes me positive about the entire injury business and I can get back to normal, getting things done around here...

At the entry to The Cottage, we had the front doors replaced a few years ago. The old double doors were falling apart and looked awful and had them replaced with a new single door and lead glass side  panels. In the entry now, there is a gnome named  Garfield and a battered old welcome mat with a bird on it. Garfield is made out of concrete and this week, I hope to stain him a lovely brown color. While looking at ideas for the entry, I found the picture below. It was the entry before we changed things up.
Photo: Previous entry to The Cottage

I loved the entry back then. 
If I can manage to stain the concrete Garfield  soon, I will share the newest photos of the entry as it is now.
Photo: Garfield The Gnome


I cannot wait to stain Garfield the Gnome.....OH! And find a new door mat!
Love you beyond the moon.
Me

No comments: