The World According to Garf

I love Libby. What I am going to tell you next has nothing to do with that love. I am such a dog person......
Libby is the pug-love of my life. The night that she came to live with us (September 18th 2001), she was 8 weeks old and sat cuddled on my lap as a Texas Storm swirled around me. Elizabeth's Stormy Liberty. From that night, she has been MY dog. Libby.

***fast forward to 4 years ago. A stray cat shows up once and awhile to eat with the cat across the street. He uses our garden to pass between streets.

Last year the stray cat showed up deathly thin, and then disappered for awhile. I tought he might have died, BUT he showed up robust a few months later.

He started getting thin again, and would show up with his right arm torn to shreds. It is when he was hurt, he would settle under our cars, resting and recovering.

It started with milk. I said Larry, don't do it. You will fall in love. he laughed at me.

The cat would eat, sleep, recover, and then go away again, to come limping back to us. The routine had started.

We fed  and watered him daily when he was here and worried when he vanished.

He always cames back. Beat to hell-o, but would eat and drink and rest. He would tend to his own wounds, even though we have discussed Garf (Garfield) with our vet.

Please meet Garf......


The last fight he was in  (about two weeks ago) was a bad one. His right fore-arm and his left eye was damaged badly. Something has happened to Garf. He has not gone far while he recovered this time and he lets me get close enough to take his portrait.

Next to Libby's food in the pantry is a stack of cat food for Garf....He sleeps in the entery at the front of our house...Libby looks at him out the window, I am sure she wonders what he is.

We worry about him now, and I make sure his water is fresh every morning. His right arm and paw seemed damaged somewhat, but he will not let us touch him. Yet.

It is to late. We have fallen in love with this silly stray cat. But although we love him, it is still......The world according to Garf......

Love you Garf.
Me

No comments: