Joy To The World

     Yesterday was strange.
Not many errands, but it was hot.
Hundred degrees hot.
Larry hurt his leg, a torn meniscus, so activity was at a minimum.
I had a few dozen things to buy at Target.
Like my favorite
Mrs Meyers soap.
The kitchen dispenser was empty.


I hate to say it, but SOMEONE
(meaning me, I am sure)
better clean the back patio window
before company comes next week.
The glass is so dirty that
it looks foggy outside.


Jeremiah.
A cloth frog that sits on the back of a chair
in the living room.
He is always a source of conversation,
and
it never fails.
When we have company,
someone,(usually a man)  picks him up and sings,
Jeremiah was a Bull Frog.
Larry and I often bet in the event.
I always win.

IKEBANA
A painting in my bathroom.
Painted, and hung by me.
Love it.


Yesterday,
Larry had a hankerin' for Memphis BBQ
So we went to
RED HOT AND BLUE.
Pulled pork, white slice,
Memphis style.
With lemonade and snappy conversation.
Our waiter acted like there was someplace else,
he would rather be.


Yesterday was wonderful.
Larry is feeling better today.
(Sunday)
Do not RATHER be anywhere today.
Make each moment perfect.
Be where you want to be....
and smile.
Love you more than lemonade.
Me

No comments: