Jun 3, 2014

The Weekend

I am happy that it is Tuesday.
One day closer to Wednesday.
Larry will come home late Wednesday night.
I have really missed him...and will be happy when he is home.
{we had such a good weekend together}
 
Philadelphia Trip
Thursday
Philadelphia was wonderful.
One of my favorite beds in the world is at the Black Bass Inn.
After we checked in, we changed and headed back into town.
We had tickets for Phillies VS The Mets game!
On the way to the game, we were starving...look what Larry found!
 
LUNCH!
 
I died and went to heaven.
These pretzels were amazing.
 
We arrived at the ball field.
 
 
We had a YINGLING beer,
and walked down this aisle to find our seats!
 
 Pre-game greatness
 
The Phillies lost 1 to 4...but it was a good game.
 After the game,
 we drove back to the Inn and fell into that wonderful bed.
 
Friday

We got up early and headed to Pottsville, PA.
Do you know that is the home of YINGLING Beer?
My 2 great grandfather and his family settled in Pottsville.
He was quite a man, immigrating from Scotland
and
being a 1st defender in the Civil War.
I took this picture from the hill where he and his wife lived
and raised 8 children.
 
 
Our goal was to find his grave...
and
put flags in respect.
When we finally found the cemetery, The
headstones were scattered on a hill, almost vertical.
I was not feeling to well and wondered how we would find
Hugh. (That's what I call my G G Grandfather)
But we found him...we found this most amazing man.
I was not prepared for how emotional it was.
I cried and placed the flags I brought from Texas.
I feel so very blessed to have had the chance to do this.
 
Friday night, we met my favorite cousins
at an Italian Restaurant in Coopersburg.
I just realized that I did not take pics at dinner...
BUT,
after dinner we went back to the Cousin's house
and
I took pictures of the amazing cake, baked by Lisa- Noel.
Lisa is the family pastry artist!

I was thrilled by the perfect combination of flavors.

Lisa -Noel baked the sugar cookies and Amber made the Macaroons.
I had a sugar cookie and Larry had a macaroon.
I swear, Larry talked about that cookie all the way home
and
wishing that he had another.
 
Lilly, The Golden, was just part of the dinner group.
 
Saturday
We had our annual breakfast with my Uncle Bruce.
OJ and Sticky Buns.
 
That afternoon, we had tickets for a play in New Hope.
Chapter 2
Directed by Marsha Mason.
{oh it was perfection!} 
The play was at the Bucks Country Playhouse
{what a history this theater has}
 
Oh Oh Oh!
 I loved the "set" and the play was great.
 
Dinner was at the Blue Moose...in downtown New Hope.
View from our table.
 
We loved the Blue Moose.
 
Then it was time to go back to the Inn and pack.
Sad face.
Our flight left early on Sunday morning,
but before we left, I took a couple last shots of the Inn.
Looking into the dining room at the Inn.
 
This is the front entry of the Inn.
 
These are the gardens at the Inn.
 
Time goes so fast sometimes,
but memories are something that we can hold onto forever.
 
I wish you only happy memories....
Love you.
Me 

No comments: