Larry has been working on our genealogy again.
Libby always cuddles up when he is working.
What is it about learning family secrets and history
what makes us feel so wonderful?
The feeling of family, is a priceless commodity, isn't it?
Whenever Larry gets his papers out to work,
Libby snuggles next to them.
We laugh at her.
The paper is watercolor paper from France.
Maybe she smells a cheese souffle?
Last night was the annual awards dinner for Larry's company.
I saw old friends and new.
It was a night of celebration for all of the district.
I had so much fun...
Today I feel mellow.
A loaf of sweet bread is in the oven.
Larry is working in his office.
I cannot decide, that as we grow older,
if I miss the Girls running through the house getting ready for church
or
if I relish the quiet that an empty house brings.
Tonight {and the next couple of days}
is the Perseid Meteor shower.
Happening after 10:30 looking to the NE sky.
I will be sitting on the deck
waiting to see the sparkles fly through the night air.
Like our ancestors, the sky holds a mystery and promise.
Merde,
I told you that I was mellow today.
{isn't life amazing?}
Thank you for reading my words.....although we all know that this blog takes the place of a cup of coffee for me,
I find my moments sitting here each morning, time
of planning my day and tapping into my feelings.
Today I plan to make Sunday Dinner and Movie.
{wait till you see what I have planned for dinner!}
Larry said that I get to choose the movie today.
I have no idea what movie to watch.....any suggestions?
I better get the strudel bread out of the oven.
Happy Sunday morning dear ones....
love you beyond the sparkles in the sky.
Me

No comments:
Post a Comment