May 20, 2013

Getting Through Monday

Photo taken in Memphis: Breakfast with good friends. Ivan the gnome acts up
Happy Monday!
I am home, posting from the work desk in the Cottage.
This past weekend Larry and I were in Memphis.
We flew up on Friday morning and rented a car.
Loaded up the car and headed North.
Larry's parents now live in Atoka, Tennessee.
It is a charming country town, filled with sweet homes 
that have vegetable gardens out back.
We visited with his parents a few hours 
before we headed back to Memphis, checking into our hotel and dressing for dinner with old friends.

The weekend was so interesting.
I promise to post more later.
But....
The laundry basket is bubbling over today!
{why do trips produce so much dirty laundry?}
Libby is home after a weekend with Lauren.
I must get to the market for this weeks food, before today's storms start.
So many tornadoes have devastated homes and lives in this area.
I like to be home if a storm starts. 

A personal note to Jola,
Thank you so much for the kind comment!
I tried to answer you, 
I was out of town and my tablet would not let me write to you.
Your words mean the world.
Thank you for taking the time to write to me...
XOXRobin

Monday.
It is a brand new week.
The summer sun will warm our souls
as kindness will warm our hearts.
Be happy, today is a wonderful day!
Love you.
Me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Robin, I smile. Thank you for your personal note. I didn't expect that my comment would be so nice for you. But if it was, I'm happy. Sorry I didn't reply yesterday. I'm busy on week days. And May is really awful in my office.
I read your blog on Saturday (or Friday evening). Your writing makes my heart peaceful.
Have a great week!
PS: I read and watched CNN news; I pray for poor people from Oklahoma.