Remembering September 11, 2001

Ten years ago today, so many lives changed.
I remember experiencing it alone.
Watching in agony, helpless.
Larry was out of town.
You lived it also, I do not need to share my tears now.
But may I share one thing?
Libby. 
We adopted Libby one week later,
 on September 18th, 2001.
Larry had not wanted another dog since our Bonnie died.
But after the tragedy our nation experienced,
Our family needed something.
Something positive, something personal.
Libby.
The Dallas sunset was stormy..
A just adopted, 8 week old Libby sat in my lap.
{I had wanted a pug dog all of my life}
I cried.
She was named while we drove through storms to buy her food.
Her AKC name: Elizabeth's Stormy Liberty
Libby.
***
Jami made a decision that day{9/11/2001} also...
to enlist in the U S Air Force.
She serves with pride and never forgets
what propelled her into this decision.
***
While grieving, perhaps we should smile through the tears.
The world has given us such amazing hero's.
God Bless America.
Love you.
Me


No comments: