Sep 10, 2009

Moments in Philadelphia/ A Weekend to Remember

We arrived and drove the busy streets to the hotel.
I was home.
We pulled into the hotel.
It was busy, people coming and going.
Parked the car. (got a great price on the rental) After checking in, and going up to our room... I wanted to curl up on the bed and read! Room 710. Perfect! Friday night: We had guests come to dinner at the hotel. They arrived early, so we visited in the sitting room of our room. Dinner at the Lacroix. Special moments indeed. Saturday Morning: Collegeville. Paying respects to my Aunt, Uncle & Grandparents.
The names above are not my family names.
I will keep the names and photos private.
Sticky Buns with walnuts for breakfast.
Eaten right out of the container with a fork. The morning was beautiful, birds were singing. We took drive..... and remembered.

Around lunchtime, we went to SPECK'S and bought lunch. Hoagies, chips and sodas. We were going on a picnic. We had our lunch at Valley Forge. The day was lovely..... A picnic at Valley Forge. Can you imagine that? We drove through Valley Forge after lunch. ( Thank you Ranger Troutman for the kindness. Your photo's turned out great) Larry loved using his new camera. Saturday Night: We met my book group at their hotel. After a short visit, we strolled the streets, to a nice restaurant, where we talked, ate, teased and had a lovely evening. I shall remember these days for a long time.... Seeing people I adore, Philadelphia! Being spoiled, and OH! The food. Sunday Morning: We got up early, and drove to New Jersey. We had breakfast at the Freeway Diner. Larry ate scrapple. ( the hot dog of breakfast meat) and I had eggs and bacon. We had to pay to go back to Philly and the airport. Crossing the Ben Franklin Bridge always thrills me. Bye Philly. Until next time, I will hold all of these special moments in my heart. Love you. Me

1 comment:

zenmasterlars said...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zenmasterlauren/537893460/in/set-72157603662744209/