The Book Group
~~~
The hotel Lobby was busy.
When I looked beyond groups of people,
I saw them!
Jdils and Shatzy, curled up
in oversize leather chairs.
They where chatting, and then looked up.
It is then when Larry and I were welcomed
like long lost friends.
From that moment on,
meeting, strolling the streets of Philadelphia,
visiting over cocktails,
enjoying an excellent meal,
and finally as dessert was served,
I realized that soon this moment would be over.
We did not spend enough time with
My Beloved Book Group.
These same people have inspired me over the years,
shared book titles,
supported me during cancer treatments,
and
are the most wonderful caring people
on the Internet.
How much energy does it take to be kind to someone?
A quick hello in an Instant message?
An email of concern when you are worried?
The answer is Zero.
It is because of THESE friends,
I have discovered who the fly by night
Internet friends are.
You know the ones,
half personal information,
or lies.
Their life cloaked with a veil of mystery.
There is not time for wann-bee Internet friends.
The ones that "PLAY" but have no heart.
~~~
Last Saturday night,
a charming restaurant
wonderful people,
perfect meal
and moments to remember.
Jdils, Shatzy, Jerry, SSilver,
Halobear1, Rebafan4life & Sam I am!
Conneticut Yank & Sonoko
Thank you for helping make my weekend so very special.
To those of you who could not make it,
I missed you,
and perhaps one day we will all meet
and share, in person, the bond that we share online.
~~~~
I love you.
Me
No comments:
Post a Comment