LENT
A time of thankful giving
Lent is a 40-day season of preparation for the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Lent is a call to share in the suffering love of Jesus, especially by giving up sin and sinful attitudes and walking in the path of love and service. *** Each year on Fat Tuesday, Larry and I have a date. We share a meal and discuss our Lenten gifts. *** Many years ago, our beloved minister and good friend gave a sermon. The sermon was based on the principles of Lent, the sharing, the struggle and the glory. In this sermon, Roger suggested that instead of giving something up for 40 days, Take something on. We all struggle each day, giving things up, for often, longer than 40 days. Roger reminded us that giving is also a perfect way of reflecting and remembering in the weeks prior to Easter. *** Last night, over a nice dinner, (no, not pancakes!) Larry with Pen in hand noted our decisions for the next seven weeks. What we will be giving for Lent. The first week was a donation to the North Texas Food Bank. I shall keep the next weeks organizations, near my heart... But please know, In this time of economic turmoil, we all have to cut back on many things. I have my little house, Larry and Libby. To many blessings to count. I am thankful. What are you GIVING for for Lent? *** Today I send greetings to you. Thank you for taking moments out of your busy day to just stop by here, reading my words OR seeing what the playlist is doing this week. You have given me a gift. Love you. Me
**************************************

No comments: