Plano Quilters Guild~ Raffle Quilt~ 2008

......Today I received the 25 tickets that were assigned to me to sell. (for the quilt above) The Quilters Guild of Plano has created this stunning treasure to raise money for the charity projects that we support through out the year. I bought all 25 tickets that were sent to me. I will use a dozen of them as place cards at our dinner on Saturday and give the rest to friends and family. (Yes Dear Hearts, you know who you are) The guild makes quilts for Ronald McDonald House, the Child Advocacy Center, local hospitals and such, where adults and children are in crisis. Receiving a small quilt is a hug from someone who cares. The Plano Quilters Guild has been active in the community since 1982. That is many hugs..... If your local guild is sharing a raffle quilt with the community, please think about buying one ticket.....you will be sending a hug to someone in need....

No comments: