Hello November First

Happy November 1st.
Halloween always marks the end of
Indian summer to me.
Now it is time for heavy duty Autumn.
Halloween weekend was fun.
Really fun.
On Saturday, I made candy ghost hands 
and
 we went to the hay ride/trick or treats 
in the country.(where Lars, Josh and Matilda live)
Matilda was a witch.
Five trucks pulled hay trailers
loaded with kiddos and parents.
The trucks stopped at every driveway 
that had a table set up.


I was at the Millers house with Lauren.
There were so many children,
 candy was wiped out around 8:00.
It was a lovely evening.
I sat and drank Champagne
while Larry rode on Josh's trailer with Matilda.

On Sunday, Larry and I made spaghetti.
The new meatball recipe was a hit.

Halloween Day was awesome.
I did not talk to Jami yesterday,
but she texted a photo, she was
Rosie The Riveter.
I hope she had a good day.
XOX

Larry worked all day in the office,
but took time for lunch with me...
At CHUYS.
After lunch, we early voted and then came home.
Since I have been sick, (2012)
we do not greet trick or treaters anymore.
Soooooo
after dark, we snuggled in bed and watched 
The Secret of Crickley Hall
It was spooky and fun....
and only three episodes to the mini series.
We love it.

Hello November.
Fall leaves,
 home made sweaters,
hot soup
and
long walks to the lake.

"Fallen leaves lying on the grass in November sun,
bring more happiness than the daffodils"
~Cyril Connolly~

Have Happiness in your heart today.
Love you.
Me


No comments: