In My Heart

I don't really know what the matter is.
I am not sick, but don't feel 100%.
Tummy-troubles remind me 
that I have taken 3 years worth of chemo {poison} pills,
and 
that seems to set the pace for my daily activities right now.

I am happy.
Larry is the love of my life.
I love watching Matilda grow with Lars and Josh as parents
and 
help to plan Jamison's wedding.

I personally believe that once you have been hit 
with the pink bomb, {breast cancer}
you inadvertently, reinvent yourself.

 I was thinking about that yesterday 
while I was taking a walk.
How lucky am I?
To have the chance to
live through breast cancer
and
come out the "other side" 
to
appreciate each new, beautiful day
with the eyes of a survivor.

There are some good friends that I need to thank
and
it will probably take the rest of my life to do it.
{so many dinners, flowers,visits and cards}

With the New Eyes of an almost survivor,
{i will truly be a survivor 7/2017}
I accept the bumps in the road during this process
and
 will keep dear friends in my heart 
for days when things are not 100%.

Isn't life wonderful?
I love you.
Me

No comments: