Friday, March 25, 2016

He Smiled

We lived in North Carolina when I was in fifth grade.
Judi, my older sister must have been in ninth or tenth grade then.
One Easter Sunday Mother asked me to bake a cake
and
for my sister Judi to sweep the floor when I was finished baking.
Judi was appalled.
She argued, saying that it was Easter Sunday.
It was a day to rest.
Mother said:
{I can still hear her saying it}
The better the day, the better the deed.

Fast forward to today.
Good Friday 2016.
The neighbors had people mowing their yard at 7:30 am.
Granted, the grass had not been mowed this year 
and was a disgrace.
Larry's phone started dinging at 7-ish.
Emails, text messages and phone calls.
He did not say anything.
Just went to his 
office room here in the house and closed the door.

When he  was finished, he was quiet.
Really quiet.
I whispered in his ear:
The better the day, the better the deed.
He smiled.
I think that he is having a difficult day.
But he smiled.
Have a great day and Happy Easter dear ones.
Love you.
Me


0 comments: