Mondays

I usually love Mondays.
You know, 
a brand new week, way of thinking,
 always resinated with me.

Today?
Not so much.
I feel grumpy and really just want to curl up in bed
and
 read a book.

In lieu of a blog,
I will share a recipe.

LEMON POPPY-SEED CAKE

1 box white cake mix
1 3.4oz  box lemon instant pudding mix
1 cup sour cream or vanilla yogurt
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
1/2 cup of warm water
2 Tablespoons poppy seeds

GLAZE
3 cups 10X sugar
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
3-4 Tablespoons milk

* Preheat oven to 350 degrees- heavily grease bundt pan
* In large bowl, whisk cake mix, pudding mix
*Add sour cream. vegetable oil, eggs and warm water
*Stir in Poppy seeds


*Pour batter on to prepared bundt pan
*bake for 40-50 min till tooth pic comes out clean

*Allow to cool for 30 min before inverting onto a plate

GLADE
*Mix 10X sugar, lemon juice and 3 Tablespoons of milk.
{add milk as needed}
*in the photo, you can see that I made lemon buttercream
icing. It was to thick. I will make the glaze next time

*Drizzle over cooled cake.
*Store at room temp

The cake I made is now, long gone.
It was so moist and good...
It lasted 3 days.
Larry liked it a lot.
If you make it...I hope that you enjoy it too.

Love you,
Me

No comments: