A Dot And A Fred


A wonderful surprise was waiting for me 
when I returned home this week.

It is an amazing gift filled with sentimental love.
{a short story}
After my senior year of high school, 1973,
I lived with my sister {who recently passed away}
 and brother in law 
on the Rappahannock River.
{did Dot and Fred know this?}
There is a special place in my heart for the beauty
and 
soul of the Chesapeake Bay area.

This  wonderful gift, is a quilt project.
I  will save it for the first of the year, IF I can resist it that long!
All of the fabrics are in the packet
and the colors are amazing!

They remind me of the love that my sister had for 
this beautiful part of the country.

I know that I should never be surprised by any of my friends.
BUT, I am.
They are with me through thick and thin.
Dot & Fred.
You two are such good friends.
I admire your creative, kind, lifestyle
and
the kindness that you live each day of your life.

Once in a post awhile ago,
I said: everyone should have a "Dot" in their life.
Let me correct that.
Everyone should have a Dot and Fred in their life.

The two of you are very special.
Larry and I love you.
Me

No comments: