My Libby

I have never had a dog of my own, until Libby that is.
She loves our entire family and puts up with her sibling pups,
but she is all mine.
While I fought cancer and recent surgeries, she stayed by my side.
Always within touching distance. She is my comfort and joy.

She cannot see or hear.
Sometimes in her confusion, she looks up at me
just wanting to be picked up.
She is always near me.

Today is a bad day for her.
She could not find me and I saw her wandering the house,
stopping to sniff...to see if I was near.
Now she is settled in her bed here in the studio.

I love Libby so much.
One day I will look back on this post and weep.
Merde.
I am weeping now, just thinking about my sweet girl.

Thank you for taking time to read ze blog.....
I will say, Love you now.
Me


1 comment:

Sheri A. said...

Sending hugs.

I am in two Shih Tzu groups on Facebook...the reports of members' dogs dying are constant reminder that one day, Missy will no longer be by my side. It is a soul-crushing thought and one that brings me immediately to tears.