Steel Magnolias

There is a person in my life who is Good.
I mean REALLY good.
Every interaction I have with her over the past 25 years
has been one of joy and well-being.
Her name is Amanda.
Amanda is a Mom of 5 boys and is the most feminine person I know.
I admire her positive attitude and inquisitive mind.

She is an artist, knitter and my hairstylist.
She styles my daughter's hair
and
if I did not cut Larry's hair, she would be cutting it.
She listens to me and always has the most amazing opinions.
She is quirky, beautiful and smart.

Yesterday, I had an appointment with Amanda.
It had been a long, stinky week for me and to be honest,
I just wanted my hair cut.
In spite of my cranky mood...I left the salon
feeling happy, energized and content.

Dear Amanda.
How lucky we are to have you in our lives.
Your talent, kindness and values,
truly make you part of our family.
Thank you for being you.
Love you.
Robin



No comments: