This Past Weekend.....

Have you been to Savannah?
This past weekend, I met my book group there.
I had never been before.
It is charming.

The view out of our room was perfect.

One of my favorite things was, lunch at THE PIRATE HOUSE.
This is where Robert Louis Stevenson 
wrote the first chapters of Treasure Island.

Sunday Morning, Larry and I checked out of the hotel early
and
drove to Tybee Island.
It was a beautiful morning.
I walked in the sand and touched the Atlantic Ocean.

Being Sunday,
the lighthouse was still.
It was perfection.
Larry held my hand and we smiled.
The morning went so fast.
We left for the airport.
Our plane was to leave at 12:05pm.

As we sat and waited,
Larry asked if I had left anything behind.
I said yes.
He frowned at me....
I said: I did not get to have dinner at the Pink House
and
I did not go on the ghost tour.
He grinned and said: we will just have to go back, won't we?
I nodded, went to the Flip Flop shop and bought a new pair of OluKai's.
Guess who is ready for the next trip?

Have a blessed week.
It is always good to be home.
Love you.
Me

1 comment:

Unknown said...

John and I love Savannah! We went on one of the best ghost tours EVER while there. In fact, we have a hard time going on ghost tours anywhere else because that one was so good!