The PINK BOMB

I promise that I tried to find something light hearted and clever to post today.
But,
breast cancer is not funny.
The diagnoses is traumatic.
Surgery is nothing like you might imagine.
Recovery is slow and painful.
Treatment is tedious and surprisingly humbling.
For five years after treatment,
medicines will line your bedside table.
Reminding you every day that you held the PINK BOMB.
That small tumor that changed your life.
You might expect me to say, changed my life for the worst.
But,
no.
My life might be a little difficult now, but I have gained so much.
The best thing you can do for yourself,
 is get a mammogram.
If your insurance will not pay for it, call you DR or local Planned Parenthood.
There is someone out there who can help you.
Get your mammogram no matter what.
New medicines have changed the face of breast cancer,
but they are nothing without early detection.
Take a deep breath and DO IT!
If I can, anyone can.
 Love you,
Me


No comments: