Accept and Move Forward

I sketched this two years ago as I started the battle.
It is amazing how much has happened since then.
I have learned to be patient.
I have learned to accept the weirdness of prescription drugs.
I have started to learn YOGA.
I have learned who my friends truly are.
I have learned that when some people hear the word cancer, they vanish.
I have learned that Larry IS perfect.
I have learned that people will gossip behind your back,
 rather than talking to you in person about your cancer.
{we dumped the people who did that to us}
I learned to be more open and honest.
I have learned to play chess!
I have learned that when I discover that someone has fought the same battle as I have, all I want to do is wrap my arms around them.
I have learned that blood sisters will not come out from under their rock,
even to whisper a prayer.
I have learned to smile even when I feel throw-uppy.
I have learned to listen to my body.
I have learned that Lauren & Jami are the best support in my world.
I have learned that dogs (Libby) know when we are ill.
I have learned to live with the fear of cancer hanging over my head.
{to be honest I am still working on this one}
I have learned that all I have to do is journal or blog
and
my feelings will calm for the day.
Thank you for listening to me this morning.
To accept and move forward is the best gift that our brains can give us.
Blessings abound.
Love you.
Me


No comments: