Thank You For This Life

Larry and I celebrated Easter with our family yesterday.
The day was special beyond words.
 
Matilda started {on Friday} with the Easter Bunny.
I asked, does the Bunny talk?
Matilda did not know.
 
On Saturday morning, anticipation was growing.
 
I baked, a lot.
 
 
Before Lunch, we had an Easter Egg Hunt.
We have a video for a later date.
We ate a lot.
{ I spilled a glass of Champagne!  What a waste.}
 
 
Then we all went out back and looked at bugs,
and
threw paratrooper bunnies in the air.
 
 
 
 
 
 
It was a perfect day.
 
One of my favorite moments of the day,
was when Jami gave the blessing before we ate.
On this wonderful Easter Sunday,
I would like to share it with you.
From my family to yours.....
 
Dear God,
This time of year, Easter, allows us to feel rebirth and renewal in our lives,
through the sacrifice Jesus made.
We are able to recognize  our flaws as humans and shed the weight of our sins.
As I sit here amongst loved ones,
We give thanks for all the blessings God has bestowed upon us.
Let not one day go by where we fail to give thanks.
Thank you God,
for every moment, good and bad.
Thank you for allowing us to be the people we are.
Please forgive us our sins.
Please allow us the appreciation in our hearts to recognize our purposes here
and
live every moment to respect you, to love you.
Thank you for this life.
Amen.
 
 
 
Love you,
Me
 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful blessing. In my Catholic Church Easter is a great holiday too. :)